JOIN MY PATREON for $1/month and you'll get new "paid" albums for free - www.patreon.com/blisterpop
"The Centipede's Dilemma" by Katherine Craster from Pinafore Poems, 1871.
A centipede was happy – quite!
Until a toad in fun
Said, "Pray, which leg moves after which?"
This raised her doubts to such a pitch,
She fell exhausted in the ditch
Not knowing how to run.
0VRLNDR — 08/26/2022 9:59 PM
I really want to do a session where we all walk wherever we are and listen to each other’s sounds.
Ice Locus — 08/27/2022 10:06 AM
That would be awesome!
Matt Thomas — 08/27/2022 6:44 PM
Yeah that sounds really cool!
0VRLNDR — 08/30/2022 5:08 PM
Let’s pick a date and do it!
Leg After is a project that springs from repurposed audio using a very particular balance of formula and flexibility. Each installment will be offered for free on bandcamp.
Pieces will include a fixed number (in this album's case, 3) of elements fed through three or four stages of sample manipulation, which will include various means to sometimes suggest pitch from unpitched material. Pieces will also include a 4th channel of select notes derived from one or two of the processed channels.
The ongoing project name came from somewhat tenuously connecting "Tea With A Friend" to various writings from the 19th century and then to the poem reproduced above.
released August 16, 2023
Assembled & mixed Jun-Aug2023, mastered Sep 2023 by Jim Lemanowicz at Blissville Electro-Magnetic Laboratories of Massapequa, NY, USA.
Catalog # BP12030
Last version uploaded 11 Sep 2023
©2022, 2023 Fernie/Johnson/Jones/Kozub/Lemanowicz/Reid/Thomas/Rickert
Instruments - Ableton Live, Ableton Drift, Ableton Simpler
Samples used as raw material here are from these nine people
Ice Locus - lnk.bio/icelocus
Justin Brackett - www.instagram.com/misterfyde
0VRLNDR - 0vrlndr.com
Sarah Belle Reid - www.sarahbellereid.com
Honorable mention to bobbrightt, without whom this may never have started!
The song titles were derived from conversations in Sarah’s Discord
The album cover/booklet photos were derived (via DALL-E) from one photo taken on Sept 19 2022
Listing the samples/recordings used by track -
- Mind, Body, Protein (Matt Thomas - 0VRLNDR - Jimmy Lem)
- Sans Ambulance (Jimmy Lem - Justin Brackett - Adam Rickert)
- Couplet Back-In (Justin Brackett - Adam Rickert - Sarah Belle Reid)
- I Remember Friction (Ice Locus - Jimmy Lem - Chris Johnson)
- William Crossed Yuille (Matt Thomas - Chris Johnson - TheStuF)
- A Saggy Ephemeral Milkman (Ice Locus - Chris Johnson - Justin Brackett)
- Baby Thread Afternoon (Adam Rickert - Matt Thomas - 0VRLNDR)
- Objects Supporting Human Gitch (Sarah Belle Reid - TheStuF - Ice Locus)
- Tea With A Friend Is Twice A Pleasure (Ice Locus - 0VRLNDR - Sarah Belle Reid)